It’s almost time for the Southwestern Region of the American Music Therapy Association conference! This year we’ll be in Austin, TX and I can’t wait to see all my friends again–the best thing about conference!
It’s important to remember that most regional conferences are put together by music therapists who have families and work full time jobs and are volunteering to organize this conference so that the rest of us can get some continuing education and networking opportunities.
SWAMTA.com just posted the Conference at a Glance, so you can select your sessions and rooms ahead of time, if you like! Click here to get your: SWAMTA Regional Conference Planner. Please tell me at conference if you’re using this!
Here’s a link to last year’s conference planning post, which has some more suggestions for how to organize your time and set goals. At this year’s conference there are opportunities to get 31 CMTE credits, more if you’re volunteering on the board of directors or local committee or task forces (see page 26 of the CBMT Recertification Manual).
- Thursday CMTE=3 credits (there’s one for 5 credits, but I’m not teaching it. I’m teaching this one! Plus, who wants to sit through a 5 hour class?!) 🙂
- Conference credit=15 credits
- 10 Concurrent Sessions=10 short event or umbrella group credits (see the CBMT Recertification Manual to learn about those)
- Saturday CMTE=3 credits
I hope to see you at conference! Be sure to attend my presentations (yeah, it’s a shameless plug. This is my blog!):
- Thursday, March 31, 12:00 pm – 3:00 pm, CMTE B: Music Therapy Private Practice, with the one and only Debbie Dacus. It’s an extra $75, and it’s not too late to sign up! You can sleep in, have a late breakfast, and have time for dinner afterwards, before Opening Session festivities. And you’ll get so much knowledge you won’t even know what to do!!! Except I’ll tell you what to do, so I guess you’ll know.
- Friday, April 1, 9:00 – 9:50 am, Paths to Recertification, Lantana B. I’m presenting on behalf of CBMT about how to get recertification credits for really low costs!!
- Friday, April 1, 10:00 – 11:40 am, State Recognition and Legislative Process, Lantana B. So convenient! You can just stay in the same room and learn about the work that the task force is doing and how you can help! It won’t be hard, or too involved, I promise. It’s important to stay educated about what your state task force is doing. It will impact your practice.
Be sure to say, “Thanks!” to the local committee and Board of Directors. They worked really hard to put on this conference!