This week, my guest is Meganne Masko. You may know her better as @DrMomMTBC on Twitter. She serves as Assistant Professor of Music Therapy at the University of North Dakota in Grand Forks where she teaches undergraduate courses in music therapy and psychology of music. Ms. Masko holds a Bachelor of Music from Drake University in Des Moines, Iowa. She completed her Master of Arts degree and music therapy equivalency work at The University of Iowa in Iowa City, and is currently a PhD candidate in music education at The University of Iowa. Her clinical speciality is hospice and palliative care, but she also consults with music educators working with students with special needs in general music classes and music ensembles. Ms. Masko’s research interests include the use of music therapy in hospice care, the effects of music therapy on the epigenome, and the scholarship of teaching and learning. In addition to her academic and clinical work, Ms. Masko is the faculty advisor for the Autism Speaks U student organization at the University of North Dakota and an elected member of her local school board.
- Find the show here to listen live or to the archives. You can also subscribe in iTunes.
- The Music Therapy Show airs live on Fridays at Noon eastern/11 am Central/10 am Mountain/9 am Pacific/1700 GMT
- MusicWorx! (topmusictherapist.com)
- Social Advocacy Month: Creating Music Therapists (topmusictherapist.com)
- Social Media Advocacy Month (topmusictherapist.com)