On November 2, Tracy Richardson will be back to finish the conversation that was cut off a couple of weeks ago about her views on the Masters Level Entry Proposal. Tracy Richardson, Ph.D., MT-BC is a Professor of Music Therapy at Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College (SMWC). She has served as Director of Music Therapy at SMWC since 1995 and is currently the Chairperson of the Department of Music and Theatre. In 2000 she was instrumental in creating and launching the SMWC Master of Arts in Music Therapy program. This program is one of the few graduate music therapy programs in the nation to be offered through distance education. In Fall 2012 she launched the Music Therapy Equivalency Distance program at SMWC, the only program of its kind in the U.S. In 2005 she earned the Sister Mary Joseph Pomeroy Faculty Excellence Award for Service to the College.
Tracy received her B.S. in Music Therapy (SMWC) in 1988, M.S. in Agency Counseling (Indiana State University) in 1999, and a Ph.D. in Counselor Education at Indiana State University (2011). She has been a music therapist for 24 years; she has worked with people with a variety of health issues, including mental health problems, developmental disabilities, and cancer.
She is an active singer/songwriter/performer and in 1997 released a self-titled CD. She has sung and played keyboard in bands for over 30 years. She and her husband, George, have three children and reside in Terre Haute, IN.
- Early Childhood Music Therapy and Autism (topmusictherapist.com)
- Music Therapy Webinars (topmusictherapist.com)
- How can you become a music therapist? (topmusictherapist.com)
- Marketing and Technology for Music Therapy (topmusictherapist.com)
- Music Therapy for Apraxia (topmusictherapist.com)
- Continuing Education for Music Therapists (topmusictherapist.com)
- LIVE from AMTA Conference 2012 (topmusictherapist.com)
- Masters Level Entry: Medical/International Perspectives (topmusictherapist.com)
- Masters Level Entry: AAMT Perspectives (topmusictherapist.com)