I am pleased to speak with Dr. Anita Gadberry this week about Autism and communication.
For over a decade, Dr. Anita Gadberry has specialized in music therapy with children and adolescents with autism spectrum disorders. Before moving to Lawrence, Kansas for doctoral studies, Anita owned a private practice in Plano, Texas, was Co-director of Therapies at a private school for children with autism, and contracted with public schools in the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex. Anita has degrees in music therapy from Southwestern Oklahoma State University, Texas Woman’s University, and the University of Kansas. She frequently presents workshops and seminars for music therapists, music educators, and classroom teachers at the regional, national, and international levels.
Or check out the archives at anytime. You can also subscribe via iTunes. Leave me a comment here and let me know what you think and what you would like to hear on the show!
- April 8, 2011 – Autism Month (heartbeatmusictherapy.net)
- Autism Awareness Month: Make a Difference (helpingpsychology.com)
- Having Both Autism and Epilepsy Linked to Raised Death Rates (nlm.nih.gov)
- April is Autism Awareness Month (independentlivingblog.com)
- Autism Speaks is Non-Profit of Month in April 2011 on nonprofitshoppingmall.com(prweb.com)